Welcome to Fir Class with Mrs Russell and Mrs Knight
Please find a wide range of useful information listed below. We also will keep this page up to date with photos of the children learning and key information about what is happening in our class.
Snow Day Activities
Hope you have a great day enjoying snow! Looking forward to hearing all about what you have been up to on Monday! Here are some activities you can do as we are not at school:
- get reading, after playing in the snow it will be enjoyable for you to come in and read a book! Don’t forget to record it in your planner.
- draw a picture of your snowy day incorporating words to reflect the day
- have a snowman building competition
- go sledging if you can near you
- you can also work through a couple of pages of your revision guides.
Have a great day!
Mrs Russell :)
Year 6 Reading Challenge
Over the course of the year we are challenging your children to read 14 books! There are prizes and rewards for reading a certain number of them. When the children are finished they must write a book review to show that they have read the book and to share their lovely reading with everyone. Some of the books may not be the usual genre your child might choose, but they may find a new genre! If you download the book review sheet yourself rather than your child collecting one from school, only print page 1. Happy reading!