St Nicolas Eco Council
Aim: ‘Sharing awareness of what we can do to look after the environment and our planet.’
Our Eco Councillors:
Year 1: Millie and Fergus
Year 2: Leo and
Year 3: Emily and Ethan
Year 5: Ione and Ben
Year 6: Janum and Danny
What does it mean?
- Eco-friendly – not harmful to the natural world.
- Ecological - The study of living things, their environment, and the relation between the two.
- Recycle – you can use it again, it could be made into something different.
- Sustainable – Able to be used without being completely used up or destroyed. When a tree is cut down plant another one.
- Biodiversity – describes the variety of life on earth.
- Renewable – made from natural resources like sunlight, wind and rain. These replenish naturally.
- Solar – using or operated by energy from the sun.
- Fair-trade – when people produce our food they should be paid enough, if you buy fair-trade you know that they are getting a fair deal.
The nine topics are: